I spend a lot of time writing, thinking about writing, coding, and thinking about coding. This site is where I combine them. It's built with Gatsby.js and written with love. I love getting email — I enjoy hearing your random thoughts and questions. I collect personal websites so send me yours.
I feel lucky that I can spend so much time creating things for the web — whether it's writing (like this thing you're reading now) or visual work (React! Vue!) or hidden work (like keeping servers alive and healthy). The best way to stay up to date with my posts and projects is my newsletter. For everything else, there's Twitter!
I like teaching people things that I know. I like video games, running, and reading.
I am easily impressed by people and the cool stuff that they build. I read a lot of personal and technical blogs. If we've ever interacted, I've visited your website and probably think it's cool.
- M.S.c. in Computer Science (Distinction)
- Researching the WebSocket protocol and related technologies.
- Writing and reasoning about benchmark tools.
- Completing the core Computer Science curriculum.
- B.A. in Creative Writing (with First Class Honours)
- Working on interactive fiction for the web.
- Finding my passion: code.